Android has thrown open a world of possibilities. Hundreds of millions of mobile devices in more than 190 countries around the world is powered by Android today. Android is the most preferred platform for application development in most of the smartphones as well as in tablets.
Android is a modern mobile platform that was designed to be truly open. Android applications make use of advanced hardware and software, as well as local and served data, exposed through the platform to bring innovation and value to consumers. To protect that value, the platform must offer an application environment that ensures the security of users, data, applications, the device, and the network. Android was designed with multi-layered security that provides the flexibility required for an open platform, while providing protection for all users of the platform.
Google Android consists of a software stack for mobile devices constituting an Operating System, middleware and key applications. Users can develop managed codes in secure Java Language and Google-developed java libraries are available for application programmers to develop applications. The necessary tools and APIs required to develop custom applications are provided by the Android SDK. Android OS and Android SDK come with a set of core applications including an email client, SMS program, calendar, maps, browser, contacts, and others.
Android Application Development:
The Team at Mdc Concepts has the capability to develop an Android-powered application from the ground up or if you need a cross-platform compatibility of your existing app driven by a single mobile platform. We make your apps rich by using the core applications integrated in the Android SDK such as SMS, e-mail, private Information Management (PIM) system, Google map application, internet browser, image viewer etc.
We provide custom Android application development, porting, and integration services. Our skilled professionals develop and deliver custom Android applications with utmost quality at competitive price.
Tools and Technology Used:
1. Production environment: Windows XP,2007, Ubuntu, Mac OS, Android SDK 8 to 16Android version 2.3 to 4.04
2. Development Environment - Eclipse version- 3.7.1, Indigo Service Release 2
3. Languages – Core Java and HTML
4. Frameworks – Open GL and NDK
5. Databases - SQLite
6. Broad array of libraries for video, audio and image files consisting of AAC, MP3, JPG, GIF, WAV, MPEG4, MIDI, PNG, BMP, H.263 and H.264
7. Attributes pertaining to touch screens, accelerometer, Video camera, GPS, and magnetometer
ADVANTAGES FOR ANDROID DEVELOPMENT:
1. Open Platform: Google Android is an open platform which means it is a freely available platform and the required SDK for Windows, Linux and Mac platform are easily available at Android website
2. Compatible with multiple networks like GSM, EDGE, CDMA, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, EV-DO and UMTS technologies to send/receive data across mobile networks
3. Availability of a wide range of libraries for image, audio and video files
4. Android applications are fast, reliable and cost effective.
Using the wide range of features in Android OS such as APIs, Google APIs, GPS tracking, WiFi motion sensors, payment systems and much more our team is able to provide world class application development. We also develop web applications based on Google maps, email, SMS, multimedia etc to enhance the user experience with application performance.